We all have one or two in our back pocket: those recipes that we know will wow the crowd as long as you don’t let them know how little cost and effort you put in to making it. This is my go-to-kitchen-cheat. You need five minutes to prep, one or two items from the grocery store (most pantries are stocked with these basic ingredients) and that’s it. Easy as pie…literally.
The name of this pie raises questions I am sure. Sour cream pie? Is that something a five-year-old came up with when mom was away and they were given free reign of the kitchen. The answer is no! This pie is the result of some cooking genius. It is so light, cooling, and divine. A perfect, easy, summer treat.The sour cream puffs up until it is like a super light version of cheesecake. The fruit becomes soft and sweet. Just try it. You’ll soon understand
To purchase McCutcheon All-Natural Strawberry Preserves visit mccutcheons.com.
Strawberry Sour Cream Pie.
- 1 unbaked pastry shell
- 1 qt. fresh strawberries
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1/4 cup sugar, reserve 1 tablespoon
- Dash salt
- 1 cup sour cream (or light sour cream, but NOT fat-free)
- Cut the strawberries into quarters.
- In a medium bowl mix together the flour and sugar. Whisk in the sour cream and salt. Then add the strawberries and three heaping tablespoons of McCutcheon’s Red Raspberry or Strawberry Preserves.
- Pour the filling into the pie shell and garnish the top with dollops of preserves.
- Bake at 450 for 15 minutes, or until just brown.
- Continue baking for 30 minutes at 350 until the pie has set and is equally browned.
- Allow the pie to cool at room temperature until cool to the touch then transfer and chill in the fridge.
- Eat up!