Papa McCutcheon suggested this recipe out of the blue and they sounded so good I had breakfast for dinner. And, it was the best dinner I have had in a while…well since Thanksgiving.
If there is anything I have learned from my father, it is that he is maven of making combinations of great things into even greater things. He was the mastermind behind our Triple Crown Preserves (cherries, strawberries, and red raspberries), our Black and Blue Preserves (Blueberry and Blackberry), and Apple Butter BBQ Sauce (no explanation needed). So when he suggestion these pancakes, I didn’t even have to think twice, I just knew they would be lick-your-plate good.
Apricot Gingerbread Pancakes
- 3 heaping tbsp McCutcheon’s Apricot Butter
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp cloves
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup milk
- stick of butter
- maple syrup for serving.
- Mix together all the dry ingredients.
- Add in the egg, milk, and apricot butter and whisk until you have an even batter
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and melt a 1/2 tsp of butter until it begins to bubble
- Pour enough batter in the pan to make a 8 inch pancake.
- once bubbles begin to appear in the center, flip the pancake and let cook through
- Set aside and repeat, and repeat, and repeat until all the batter is gone.
- Serve hot with maple syrup and butter.
- lick your plate clean!